imRhys is supported by its audience. If you purchase via links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
Travel blogs are very popular on the web, due to the fact that the majority of people visting them are looking for experiences from other travelers online because they are either not able to visit those places or are planning to visit them in the future and want to know what to expect. It’s easy to start your own travel blog and here are the best WordPress themes for travel blogging sites.
Some of my favorite blogs to read include travel blogs such as PinayNomad, OneStep4Ward and WanderingEarl.
Featuring your blog higher in search engine results is not only the most important factor with a travel blog as the viewers you receive, should have a good experience and want to return to your blog. There are 2 aspects to achieving this – first is by providing high quality content that is regularly updated and relevant to the theme of your blog.
Secondly, you should offer a clean and easy to use interface that is both vibrant and showcases your latest blog posts in a simple way. There are far too many themes and blogs out there where you can’t browse the latest blog posts or pictures which slow the site down.
Thus, from the thousands of themes for travel blogs on the web, I have listed 5 that are the best to give your blog a unique look and create a pleasant experience for your users:
1. WIMPLEPRO WordPress Theme
WIMPLEPRO is a premium theme available on the popular ThemeCountry website. Designed keeping in mind both – enhancing content related to travel and increasing website revenue using subtle ad placements.
Some features that this theme offers are:
- High-speed loading ensures that the theme and your website load up at blazing fast speeds.
- Fully-responsive design to automatically adjust your interface according to screen sizes.
- Optimized for AdSense with the provision of the SuperAds plugin that allows you to customize the ads on your website using a simple option panel in the theme dashboard.
- Social media integration is provided so webmasters can place social sharing buttons as they please, resulting in more traffic from social media websites.
- Breadcrumb feature allows users to navigate from one page to another while speeding up load times of previous pages.
- One-click install feature ensures that the setup procedure is exceedingly simple and can be done within seconds.
Priced at $35, it is an appealing purchase for those looking for an elegant theme to customize and personalize their travel blogs.
2. CLEANEAD WordPress theme
CLEANEAD is another ThemeCountry theme offering that is aimed dressing up travel blogs with a suitable interface that allows travel content to be displayed prominently. It has provisions for displaying images and headlines in a fashion that is bound to attract viewers to click and read or find out further.
A few features that this theme boasts of are:
- Highly optimized for reading, it offers a clean and unobtrusive layout – keeping the focus completely on your content.
- It is fully customizable and can be modified right down to minute details.
- Optimized for all SEO plugins, it ensures that your theme works in conjunction with them without any extra work on a webmaster’s part.
It is also priced at $35 and is recommended for travel blogs that are looking to market their written content on each page.
3. Travel Guide WordPress Theme
Travel Guide is a premium WordPress theme available on TemplateMonster – a website that houses a large number of themes, templates, plugins and assets for webmasters looking to set up blogs and websites.
Perfect for hosting travel blogs that have a huge array of content available because of this theme’s clean and modern interface that make navigating it an easy task.
Some features offered by this theme are:
- Fully-responsive design that ensures that your content looks as elegant and proportionate as ever on all screen sizes automatically.
- Completely editable to allow for powerful customization.
- Pre-built post types, such as Standard, gallery, quote etc., effect a pleasant posting experience.
- WPML certified and ready to support several languages including, but not limited to, German, English, Spanish, and Turkish.
- 80+ Shortcodes are provided to easily format your content – just the way you prefer, without delving into the depths of complex coding languages.
The theme costs $75 for a single site license, while a complete buyout of the theme is also available for $4500.
If you want your readers to focus on your images with short captions and headlines, this offering by Magazine3.com is a perfect match for you. Completely focused on your images, it allows users to quickly scroll through and find exactly what they need.
A few highlights of this theme are:
- Slideshow plugin that allows you to showcase your images prominently and bring them to the forefront of your blog.
- 6-preset advertisement options that allow placing ads in customizable areas without any effort from the webmaster.
- Comprehensive control panel allows webmasters to tweak every aspect of the theme without delving into the actual code, although, if you are a techie – it allows for code-level customization too.
- Full support for SEO plugins allows your blog to install all major SEO plugins without additional customization headaches.
Priced at $59, it is an excellent purchase for travel bloggers looking for a theme that allows photos and media to take central focus.
Another Magazine3.com theme that keeps your written content at the forefront of the reader’s view. It’s simple and easy to navigate which is perfect for readers using smartphones or smaller screens. It scores impressively on Google PageSpeed which will positively affect your search engine ranking scores.
A few unique features of this theme are:
- Absence of any deprecated headers and code ensures that your theme is always compatible with the latest version of WordPress.
- 93/100 PageSpeed score is a healthy sign for future search engine rankings.
- A visual theme customizer allows webmasters to simply drag and drop the elements they need and rearrange it exactly the way they want.
- Support for Google Authorship that improves your rank on search engines while making your content easily searchable by anyone on the web.
Priced at the standard $59, the theme features some great advantages if you are looking to set up a travel blog that showcases your content effectively while runs at blazing fast speeds.
An identifying feature of travel blogs is enticing users to dive into your content and keep reading and continue exploring your blog – having an excellent theme that supplements your content is a great start to setting up a successful travel blog.